CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I made it to San Diego

Considering my mom continues to harass me about creating a blog so people know I'm still kickin', here goes.. Last time I had a blog was in my Journalism class in College so I'm not quite sure what to post considering I don't have pics of children, a spouse (just yet) and/or a new little home. What I do have however is a beach steps outside my house, palm trees in my front yard and a bike that takes me everywhere (yes I still own a car). I'm currently living in San Diego, Pacific Beach to be exact and working for a Children's hospital as the 'Corporate and Community Development Coordinator' (try saying that 10 times fast). Basically what I do is Market the hospital to Big Wig Businesses and Donors and convince them to give me all their money. Considering my job is really not that exciting, I picked up a serving job at a new little restaurant right off the ocean, which is proving to be much more fun then my 'grown up' job. My life is simple (although I'm not quite sure what to do with all my hefty duty winter coats I accumulated while at Utah State) my life remains at a perfect 74 degrees at all times. I'm learning to surf and sail and can see the Seaworld fireworks from my porch every night. I love it here and although I miss everyone especially the little turkeys (nieces and nephews) I am convinced moving here was one of the best decisions I have made.. Now I just need to work on getting in to Graduate School, eventually.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

It's about time you started a blog! We can't wait to come and visit. It is snowing here today. It looks like you have some cute friends and a nice bike. It's kind of hard to read the blue writing for those of us with bad eyes.

cjanddiane said...

Now you won't be so long lost anymore. Thanks for the birthday card & very entertaining song!

Polly said...

Heather,
Great sunset picture. Maybe you should take up photography. I love San Diego. You will I'm sure have lots of fun living there. Never a dull moment with the ocean so close.

Dan Haslam said...

Way to go with the blog thing. Maybe i will work on mine some day.Hope you are doing fine. P.S....it kinda looks like the guy in the game picture has his hand on on your cro$%&... just saying. Lol! Don't forget i am only a little ways away in Las Vegas!