CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

My new change..



So Friday morning at work, I got called into the medical conference room with 5 other people in my division and was told that they were eliminating all our jobs due to funding and what not. So in a nutshell, I was laid off (with an exceptional severance package.) My first reaction was sheer disbelief and my second was "oh crap, I need a job!".. I got laid off?!? I always thought only dads and old "career" people got laid off, so you can imagine my shock in the matter considering I am not a dad nor an old "career" person.
Well I got home and immediately started searching for a new job, well I stumbled across a position in H.R. at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla (which happens to be one of the best hospitals in the nation and is located in the most beautiful city right on Torry Pines Golf Course.) Well I got a call about an hour after I applied, went in the same day for a 3 hour interview, (ugh) and was offered a job that same day! As ironic as it seems, I couldn't be more ecstatic about getting laid off at Rady Children's!
Scripps was the number one place I wanted to work for the past two years, it was my goal to someday work there and now, I'm on board! Goal set, goal achieved, one point for me. It is incredibly hard to get on at Scripps plus the market here couldn't be worse right now so I don't know if it was fate that I got canned or what, but I am siked about my new opportunity. I start next Monday so I am planning on spending my week off 'real' work, soaking in the sun and scouting out hot surfer dudes (well not really, ok ... really.) Well that is my update for today, Scripps Memorial here I come! Woot! Woot!

10 comments:

cjanddiane said...

Wow, what a stressful situation right after moving. I'm glad it worked out better than expected. Have fun checking out the surfer dudes, just don't get eaten by that shark!

Kristie said...

I tried to call you this weekend. It's a good thing you have a blog so I can find out about your life. I hope this new position works out better for you. It's good you did what you did in Salt Lake to have the experience. We are still looking forward to visiting end of May. Congradulations.

Joshua said...

congrats to you... la jolla is beautiful.. melisa and i always hit the cliffs when we are out there.

jealous you have a beautiful place to work.

Polly said...

Congatulations Heather!!
God does work in mysterious ways. Just look and Chris and Microsoft. He ended up with a better job and got to come back to Utah and work out of his home. I have found out things always happen for a reason. Always do what your heart tells you to do.
Love,
Aunt Polly

Monique said...

Congrats! Amazing how it all worked out for you so fast, but of course who wouldn't want to hire you:)

Emily said...

Glad that everything worked out! I hope you like your new job!

Miss Jackie said...

SOunds Great the way things turned out! Good luck this week! Let us know how it goes!

cjanddiane said...

Heather your not keeping us updated very often! Get to it!

Mrs. Budge said...

I didn't know you had a blog, I am on my parents computer and checked the blog bookmark and saw it. I'm so glad, now I will know what's going on in your life, and your life sounds pretty sweet right now. Soak it all in and enjoy all the adventures. By the way, sweet bike!

Emily said...

Heather, where are you?! TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!!