CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Today was Strange...

You may have been watching the news today and heard about the F-18 fighter jet that crashed into a home in SD... well, I happened to be about a block away heading to my lunch break destination when it went down, I saw it flying awfully low and thought it was odd then it went spiraling downward and BOOM in a residential neighborhood! It was the strangest thing I have ever witnessed. It hit a house and killed 3 people, I saw the aftermath as a bunch of people were then taken to the hospital I work at right down the street and treated for smoke inhalation from the resulting fires.. I guess you just never know what will happen in life or when a fighter jet will crash through your home..

Its so sad, I can only imagine the devastation the family of the victims must be going through with such an ironic tragedy.. Here is the link to the full story..

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20081208-1938-bn08plane5.html

Strange day.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad that you weren't in that house! I have occasionally worried about a fighter jet crashing into our house because there are so many flying over.

You never know what will happen.

Kristie said...

That was a strange accident. I did see it on the news and wondered if it was close to you. I'm glad you weren't to close. Yes, that is to bad. You never know, just like the place accident we saw at Bear Lake this summer.

Dan Haslam said...

Tell me about it... There were two planes that went down here in Vegas in the same month and I am currently working on the re-construction of one of them.